Our consultants directory contains profiles of consultants that work at our hospitals on a permanent basis.
Lead Consultant Gynaecologist and Lead Consultant for Gynaecological Cancer
ServiceCancer services, Gynaecology
Mike Katesmark is the trust's lead clinician for gynaecology, gynaecological cancer and cancer screening, and lead clinician for colposcopy at Epsom Hospital. He is also clinical lead for gynaecological minimal access surgery, with a special interest in heavy periods and alternatives to hysterectomy.
- MB B(Chir), Cambridge University 1984
- MA Cambridge University 1985
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1989
- Member Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 1992
- Fellow Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2006
- Accredited colposcopist : British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Member British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- Member British Society for Gynaecological Oncology
- Lecturer Minimal Access and Training Unit, Guildford University.
Special interests and treatments
Cervical, vulval, endometrial and ovarian pre-cancer and cancer. Menorrhagia (heavy periods), fibroids, endometriosis, prolapse, ovarian cysts. Minimal Access surgery, polyps, menopause. Procedures performed: Colposcopy, loop excision of cervix for pre-cancer, vulvoscopy, out-patient hysteroscopy, laparoscopy and minimal access surgery, endometrial ablation, oophorectomy, myomectomy, abdominal hysterectomy, laparoscopic hysterectomy, vaginal hysterectomy and anterior/posterior repair, sacrospinous fixation.