Genito-urinary medicine (sexual health)
The medical genito-urinary department (also called GUM or sexual health), based at St Helier Hospital is managed by Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust as part of their Sexual Health Sutton service. The service is available to anyone wanting advice and information about all areas of sexual health.
A free and confidential service is offered in a non-judgemental atmosphere so that you feel able to discuss your concerns with the team. Care is delivered by friendly and approachable staff, who will ensure that your needs are understood and appropriate care is given.
The following services are provided:
- Information on prevention, screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections and other related problems
- Free condoms and safer sex information
- HIV testing and HIV/AIDS information and advice
- Follow-up care for HIV positive people
- Clinical psychology
- Contraceptive advice
- Emergency hormonal contraception (the ‘morning after’ pill)
- Hepatitis screening and vaccination for those at risk
- Assessment and treatment of sexual health-related mental and emotional problems, and sexual difficulties
- Information, advice and counselling on all aspects of sexual health and sexuality
- Referral for termination of pregnancy
- Treatment for people with a chlamydia positive result from an external screening programme
- Post exposure prophylaxis for HIV exposure.
Any information discussed is strictly confidential. For the latest information about the clinic, please visit Sexual Health Sutton.
Elizabeth Sherlock - Service Manager
In this section you'll find: