Our searchable ward directory contains information about our wards, including contact details, location information, visiting hours, names of key ward staff and what you can or cannot bring onto the ward.
To use the directory simply go to the relevant hospital to see a list of all wards. Then click on the name of the ward to see the detail page for this ward. Alternatively you can use the search to find what you are looking for.
Casey Ward at Epsom Hospital
- Specialisation: Paediatric medical ward: care for children aged 0-16 years
- Location: Epsom Hospital
Telephone number: 01372 735338
First floor, block A
Postal address to write to patients
- Matron: Nikki Sancroft
- Head of Nursing: Nadine Mitchell
- Ward Manager: Karen Kilday
- Other key staff: Deputy Head of Nursing, Louise Proffitt
- Ward rounds:
Ward rounds are consultant-led and start at approximately 9am each day. If it is necessary to see a specialist consultant this is arranged on an individual basis.
- Medicine rounds: Medication is given at times to suit the individual child.
- Breakfast: 8am - 8.30am
- Lunch: 12noon - 12.30pm (sandwiches)
- Dinner: 5pm - 5.30pm (hot meals)
Cold drinks are freely available during the day.
Facilities on the ward
- Number of inpatient beds: 16
- Number of bays: 3
- Number of single bedded rooms: 6 single rooms, 2 with ensuite facilities
- Single/mixed sex: Children are nursed in bays according to their medical and psychological needs, bays may therefore accommodate boys and girls. It is recognised that children and young people generally prefer to be nursed according to age group. Wherever possible and when required, older children are nursed in bays of boys or girls or in single cubicles when available. It is recognised that children and young people prefer to be nursed according to age group. Gender is less important to them so where ever possible their choices are accommodated.
- Other facilities: One bathroom, one shower room and three toilets. Each cubicle has a TV and each bed in the bays has a Hospedia television which is free between 7am -7pm. The ward has a playroom for children and a sensory room for children with disabilities. The ward has various games consoles. There is also a parents’ room with tea and coffee making facilities and a microwave.
Visiting the ward and restrictions for visitors
- Visiting hours: There are no restrictions to parents/carers visiting but only one parent/carer can stay over night. Other visitors can visit between 10am and 8pm.
- Max visitors per bed: 2
- Mobile phone policy: You may use your mobile phone on the ward but we ask you to keep it on silent or vibrate.
- Other restrictions for visitors:
No under 16s are allowed to visit unaccompanied and no school age children should visit during school hours.
Read more about protected mealtimes (see In the hospital) and privacy and dignity in our hospitals. Please observe the no smoking policy in all hospital buildings and on the hospital grounds (including car parks).
Restrictions for patients
- What you cannot bring or use at this ward:
We do not allow photography or filming on the ward for the children's protection and privacy. Please do not consume or bring alcohol onto the ward. If you wish to bring electrical equipment onto the ward it needs to be tested by a hospital electrician before use. Please note that we cannot accept any liability if children bring their own handheld games machines, toys etc.
- Going home:
Please ensure that you have a discharge letter and discharge medication.
- Good to know:
Information about your child may be shared on a need to know basis with other healthcare professionals within and outside the hospital.