Our searchable ward directory contains information about our wards, including contact details, location information, visiting hours, names of key ward staff and what you can or cannot bring onto the ward.
To use the directory simply go to the relevant hospital to see a list of all wards. Then click on the name of the ward to see the detail page for this ward. Alternatively you can use the search to find what you are looking for.
Day Case Unit at Epsom Hospital
Day Case Unit
- Specialisation: Day case
- Location: Epsom Hospital
Telephone number: 01372 735735 ext 5986
Ground floor, block F
Postal address to write to patients
Day Case Unit
- Matron: Kelly Stanford
- Other key staff: Associate Divisional Director for Planned Care, Martin Warnette Sister, Beverley Pearcy Sister, Ann Hall
- Ward rounds:
Patients for surgery will be seen by a member of the surgical team and by a member of the anaesthetic team on the morning of the operation.
We offer hot and cold drinks, small snacks such as biscuits, jelly and sandwiches.
Facilities on the ward
- Number of bays: 2
- Single/mixed sex: This ward is divided so that men and women sleep in different bays and share different bathrooms and toilets. Some patients will have their own bedroom and bathroom.
- Other facilities: There is a waiting room with toilet facilities at reception. Within the day case suite, there are waiting rooms with chairs and a TV, plus toilet facilities.
Visiting the ward and restrictions for visitors
- Mobile phone policy: Mobile phones are permitted on the ward but we do ask that consideration is given to other patients on the ward.
- Other restrictions for visitors:
Relatives are kindly asked not to wait in the day case unit - we contact them when their relative is ready to be collected.
Read more about protected mealtimes (see In the hospital) and privacy and dignity in our hospitals. Please observe the no smoking policy in all hospital buildings and on the hospital grounds (including car parks).
Restrictions for patients
- What you cannot bring or use at this ward:
Please do not bring any valuables, we do not provide lockers within the day surgery unit so please try to leave valuables at home.
- Going home:
All day surgery patients will be given appropriate discharge information and have the opportunity to raise any concerns or ask questions of the nurse in charge before they leave the day case unit.