Our searchable ward directory contains information about our wards, including contact details, location information, visiting hours, names of key ward staff and what you can or cannot bring onto the ward.
To use the directory simply go to the relevant hospital to see a list of all wards. Then click on the name of the ward to see the detail page for this ward. Alternatively you can use the search to find what you are looking for.
Gloucester Ward at Epsom Hospital
- Specialisation: Care for respiratory patients
- Location: Epsom Hospital
Telephone number: 01372 735357
Third floor, block F
Postal address to write to patients
- Matron: Naomi Stuart
- Head of Nursing: Tracy Whelan
- Ward Manager: Naomi Stuart
- Other key staff: Antrenet Sabado, Beatriz Iglesias, Jimmy Francisco, Chloe Walton, Suzy Williams
- Ward rounds:
During the week, the admitting consultant team conduct a round at various times from 9am. The three consultant respiratory physicians also conduct ward rounds.
- Medicine rounds: 8am, 12noon, 2pm, 6pm, 10pm
- Breakfast: 8am, with early morning tea at 7am
- Lunch: 12.30pm
- Dinner: 5pm
Beverages: 11am, 3pm, 8pm and on request during the day
Facilities on the ward
- Number of inpatient beds: 18
- Number of bays: 3
- Number of single bedded rooms: 3
- Single/mixed sex: This ward is divided so that men and women sleep in different bays and share different bathrooms and toilets. Some patients will have their own bedroom and bathroom.
- Hospedia system available:
Hospedia, our bedside TV, phone and internet service is available at on all beds.
- Other facilities: Two assisted bathrooms with toilets and one other toilet.
Visiting the ward and restrictions for visitors
- Visiting hours: 2pm - 7pm. Relatives may negotiate with staff according to patient requirements.
- Max visitors per bed: 2
- Mobile phone policy: Mobile phones are discouraged for the comfort and privacy of other patients.
- Other restrictions for visitors:
Protected mealtimes: 12noon - 1pm and 5pm - 6pm.
Read more about protected mealtimes (see In the hospital) and privacy and dignity in our hospitals. Please observe the no smoking policy in all hospital buildings and on the hospital grounds (including car parks).
Restrictions for patients
- Going home:
Any patient requiring home oxygen will have sufficient supply delivered prior to discharge.
Where possible, we will arrange for you to be collected from the hospital discharge lounge. This allows you to wait for collection/transport so that the ward can prepare for receiving new patients to the unit.
- Good to know:
Did you know? There are an estimated three million people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in the UK, although only an estimated 900,000 (1.5% of the population) are correctly diagnosed.