Our searchable ward directory contains information about our wards, including contact details, location information, visiting hours, names of key ward staff and what you can or cannot bring onto the ward.
To use the directory simply go to the relevant hospital to see a list of all wards. Then click on the name of the ward to see the detail page for this ward. Alternatively you can use the search to find what you are looking for.
Simon Stewart Ward at Epsom Hospital
Simon Stewart Ward
- Specialisation: Maternity unit: antenatal and postnatal ward. Care of woman antenatally and care of mothers and babies postnatally.
- Location: Epsom Hospital
Telephone number: Advice line: 0300 123 5473
Second floor, block C
Postal address to write to patients
Simon Stewart Ward
- Head of Nursing: Marion Louki (Head of Midwifery and Gynaecology))
- Ward Manager: Suzanne Kneller
- Other key staff: Lead Midwife for Inpatient Services, Mary Willocks Consultant Midwife, Louise Emmett
- Ward rounds:
- Medicine rounds: 6am, 12noon, 6pm and 10pm
- Breakfast: 8am
- Lunch: 12noon
- Dinner: 5.30pm
Beverages: tea and coffee served five times a day
Facilities on the ward
- Number of inpatient beds: 19
- Number of bays: 4
- Number of single bedded rooms: 6
- Single/mixed sex: This ward is for women only. Some patients will have their own bedroom and bathroom.
- Other facilities: 10 bathrooms. En-suite amenity rooms are available. Suites 3 and 4 and Beech rooms are available at £204 per night and suites 5 and 6 at £312 per night. These cannot be booked in advance, but please enquire on arrival.
Visiting the ward and restrictions for visitors
- Visiting hours: Partners are able to stay overnight to support mother and baby. Fathers/partners agreement must be signed and adhered to, and overnight visitor’s book completed. Siblings of the baby can visit 09.00 to 21.00 under partner supervision. General visiting (ov
- Max visitors per bed: 2
- Mobile phone policy: We ask women and their visitors to keep mobile phones on silent or vibrate. Please be mindful of other patients on the ward when taking calls.
- Other restrictions for visitors:
Please note: In order to reduce the risk of infection, non-sibling children under 14 years cannot be permitted.
Read more about protected mealtimes (see In the hospital) and privacy and dignity in our hospitals. Please observe the no smoking policy in all hospital buildings and on the hospital grounds (including car parks).
Restrictions for patients
- Can I receive flowers?: Yes
- What you cannot bring or use at this ward:
Can I receive flowers? Yes, however we cannot supply of vases.
Please minimise luggage as storage facilities are limited.
- Going home:
Please bring a car seat for your baby
- Good to know:
Please be aware that your baby will need to have a Newborn and Infant Physical Examination (NIPE) prior to discharge.
Maternity Assessment Unit: The Maternity Assessment Unit (MAU) is located in Langley Wing. This is a midwifery-led unit service for assessment as needed for women requiring extra monitoring as may be identified by their midwife, GP or Obstetrician.
Triage: Triage provides 24/7 assessment as a first port of call for women who are accessing maternity services without a scheduled appointment and may need to be seen by a midwife or/and an obstetrician. Triage can be found on Simon Stewart ward (Maternity) on the second floor in C block.