Our searchable ward directory contains information about our wards, including contact details, location information, visiting hours, names of key ward staff and what you can or cannot bring onto the ward.
To use the directory simply go to the relevant hospital to see a list of all wards. Then click on the name of the ward to see the detail page for this ward. Alternatively you can use the search to find what you are looking for.
Derby Ward at Epsom Hospital
- Specialisation: Orthopaedic ward: post-operative rehabilitation following orthopaedic joint replacement surgery.
- Location: Epsom Hospital
Telephone number: 01372 735841
SWLEOC, second floor, block E
Postal address to write to patients
- Head of Nursing: Martin Warnette
- Ward Manager: Nicola Goddard
- Other key staff: Margaret Seppings, Sister
- Breakfast: 8am, with early morning tea at 6am
- Lunch: 1pm
- Dinner: 5pm
Beverages: whenever patients require them
Facilities on the ward
- Number of inpatient beds: 27
- Number of bays: 10
- Number of single bedded rooms: 4
- Single/mixed sex: This ward is divided so that men and women sleep in different bays and share different bathrooms and toilets. Some patients will have their own bedroom and bathroom.
- Other facilities: Ensuite in every room, with toilet, basin and shower
Visiting the ward and restrictions for visitors
- Visiting hours: 3pm - 8pm
- Max visitors per bed: 2
- Mobile phone policy: Mobile phones can be used. Please consider others around you when using your mobile.
- Other restrictions for visitors:
Read more about protected mealtimes (see In the hospital) and privacy and dignity in our hospitals. Please observe the no smoking policy in all hospital buildings and on the hospital grounds (including car parks).
Restrictions for patients
- Going home:
The discharge team will co-ordinate your discharge.