Our searchable ward directory contains information about our wards, including contact details, location information, visiting hours, names of key ward staff and what you can or cannot bring onto the ward.
To use the directory simply go to the relevant hospital to see a list of all wards. Then click on the name of the ward to see the detail page for this ward. Alternatively you can use the search to find what you are looking for.
Alexandra Ward at Epsom Hospital
- Specialisation: Care of the older person
- Location: Epsom Hospital
Telephone number: 01372 735475
Third floor, block F
Postal address to write to patients
- Matron: Miranda King
- Head of Nursing: Marie measures/Tracy Whelan
- Ward Manager: Miranda King
- Other key staff: Consultants are Dr Khan and Dr Hameed.
- Ward rounds:
During the week, the various teams of doctors do a ward round. Consultants Dr Khan and Dr Rangedera carry out regular ward rounds.
- Medicine rounds: 8am, 12noon, 6pm and 9.30pm
- Breakfast: 8am, with early morning tea at 7am
- Lunch: 12noon
- Dinner: 5.30pm
Beverages: 10am, 2.30pm
Facilities on the ward
- Number of inpatient beds: 29
- Number of bays: 1 four-bedded bay and 3 six-bedded bays
- Number of single bedded rooms: 7 side rooms (5 of these are ensuite)
- Single/mixed sex: This ward is divided so that men and women sleep in different bays and share different bathrooms and toilets. Some patients will have their own bedroom and bathroom.
- Hospedia system available:
Hospedia, our bedside TV, phone and internet service is available at on all beds.
- Other facilities: 10 shower rooms, all are wet rooms, including five ensuite.
Visiting the ward and restrictions for visitors
- Visiting hours: 2.30pm - 8pm. Out of hours visiting should be arranged with the ward staff.
- Max visitors per bed: 2
- Mobile phone policy: Mobile phones allowed on silent mode only.
- Other restrictions for visitors:
Children are allowed at the discretion of the ward manager.
Protected mealtimes: 12noon - 1pm and 5pm - 6pm.
Read more about protected mealtimes (see In the hospital) and privacy and dignity in our hospitals. Please observe the no smoking policy in all hospital buildings and on the hospital grounds (including car parks).
Restrictions for patients
- What you cannot bring or use at this ward:
Using your own laptops is at the discretion of the ward manager and should only be done in consideration of other patients and visitors.
- Going home:
All patients will go the discharge lounge from 9am to wait for own or hospital transport. Hospital transport will only be provided for patients who have a medical reason it.
- Good to know:
Following admission, please could named toiletries, spectacles, hearing aids and dentures be brought in for patients as appropriate to aid with recovery. Our discharge planning begins the day you are admitted to hospital. Patients that are discharged from the ward can wait in the discharge lounge for their relatives to come and take/ escort them home.