Our searchable ward directory contains information about our wards, including contact details, location information, visiting hours, names of key ward staff and what you can or cannot bring onto the ward.
To use the directory simply go to the relevant hospital to see a list of all wards. Then click on the name of the ward to see the detail page for this ward. Alternatively you can use the search to find what you are looking for.
C4 at St Helier Hospital
- Specialisation: Gastroenterology
- Location: St Helier Hospital
Telephone number: 020 8296 3108 / 2964
Fourth floor, C block
Postal address to write to patients
St Helier Hospital
- Matron: Delilah Benjamin
- Head of Nursing: Sally Sivas
- Ward rounds:
During the week, various teams of doctors conduct a round every day, usually in the morning or early afternoon. Consultant ward rounds days are as follows. Dr Mahmood: Tuesdays Dr Youd: Thursdays Dr Howard: Tuesdays
- Medicine rounds: 6am, 8am, 12noon, 6pm and 10pm
- Breakfast: 7.30am, with early morning tea 7am, 8am, 10am
- Lunch: 12noon
- Dinner: 5pm
Beverages at 2pm and 6pm and on request at 10.30pm
Facilities on the ward
- Number of inpatient beds: 19
- Number of bays: 3 four-bedded bays
- Number of single bedded rooms: 7
- Single/mixed sex: This ward is divided so that men and women sleep in different bays and share different bathrooms and toilets. Some patients may have their own bedroom.
- Hospedia system available:
Hospedia, our bedside TV, phone and internet service is available at on all beds.
- Other facilities: 4 shower rooms 5 toilets
Visiting the ward and restrictions for visitors
- Visiting hours: 2pm - 8pm, out of hours visiting should be arranged with ward staff.
- Max visitors per bed: 2
- Other restrictions for visitors:
Read more about protected mealtimes (see In the hospital) and privacy and dignity in our hospitals. Please observe the no smoking policy in all hospital buildings and on the hospital grounds (including car parks).
Restrictions for patients
- Going home:
All patients will go to the discharge lounge from 9am to wait for own or hospital transport. Hospital transport will only be provided for patients who have a medical reason for it.
- Good to know:
Our discharge planning begins the day you are admitted to hospital.