Our searchable ward directory contains information about our wards, including contact details, location information, visiting hours, names of key ward staff and what you can or cannot bring onto the ward.
To use the directory simply go to the relevant hospital to see a list of all wards. Then click on the name of the ward to see the detail page for this ward. Alternatively you can use the search to find what you are looking for.
Harry Secombe Ward at St Helier Hospital
Harry Secombe Ward
- Specialisation: Patients with complex renal conditions. Haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and plasma exchange treatments are carried out on the ward by the acute dialysis team. There are also two side rooms, which are often used to nurse isolation patients.
- Location: St Helier Hospital
Telephone number: 020 8296 2793 / 4703
Ground floor, G block
Postal address to write to patients
Harry Secombe Ward
St Helier Hospital
- Matron: Theresa Breslin
- Head of Nursing: Susie Mallinder
- Ward Manager: Hayley Brown
- Ward rounds:
Renal specialist registrars and senior house officers are on the wards daily from 8.30am. The ward is managed by a named consultant. Consultant ward rounds usually take place during the afternoon, generally Monday, Wednesday and Friday (this is variable).
- Medicine rounds: 8am, 12noon, 6pm, 10pm
- Breakfast: 7am
- Lunch: 12noon
- Dinner: 5.30pm
Facilities on the ward
- Number of inpatient beds: 18
- Number of bays: 2
- Number of single bedded rooms: 3
- Single/mixed sex: This ward is for men only. Some patients will have their own bedroom.
- Hospedia system available:
Hospedia, our bedside TV, phone and internet service is available at on all beds.
- Other facilities: 2 showers and toilets, one with access for disabled patients. 2 single toilets Day room
Visiting the ward and restrictions for visitors
- Visiting hours: 2pm - 8pm daily If any relative or friend would like to attend the ward to help with feeding this is welcomed during meal times.
- Max visitors per bed: 2
- Mobile phone policy: Mobile phones are not encouraged to be used at the bedside.
- Other restrictions for visitors:
Restricted mealtimes: 7.30am - 8.30am, 12noon - 1pm and 5pm - 6pm.
Read more about protected mealtimes (see In the hospital) and privacy and dignity in our hospitals. Please observe the no smoking policy in all hospital buildings and on the hospital grounds (including car parks).
Restrictions for patients
- Going home:
We ensure that each patient is being informed about their future needs for dialysis as appropriate and any future investigations, including any post-procedure requirements.