Our searchable ward directory contains information about our wards, including contact details, location information, visiting hours, names of key ward staff and what you can or cannot bring onto the ward.
To use the directory simply go to the relevant hospital to see a list of all wards. Then click on the name of the ward to see the detail page for this ward. Alternatively you can use the search to find what you are looking for.
Neonatal Unit at St Helier Hospital
- Specialisation: Neonatal intensive care ward: care for sick newborn babies requiring special, high dependency and intensive care
- Location: St Helier Hospital
Telephone number: 020 8296 2885
First floor, Women's Health (block E)
Postal address to write to patients
St Helier Hospital
- Matron: Catherine Swanson
- Head of Nursing: Lorna Bramwells
- Ward rounds:
Consultant ward rounds: every morning, 9am - 11am
Facilities on the ward
- Number of inpatient beds: 18 cots
- Single/mixed sex: This ward is a specialist area, which means that, on occasions, babies will be treated alongside each other. This is to make sure they receive the best possible clinical care, i.e. nurses are able to safely monitor them.
- Other facilities: Parents sitting room, beverage point and 2 rooming in rooms.
Visiting the ward and restrictions for visitors
- Visiting hours: 3pm – 7.30pm. Parents have open visiting and can visit at any time to see their infant(s).
- Max visitors per bed: 2
- Mobile phone policy: Mobile phones are not permitted on the unit, they can be used in the sitting room or rooming in rooms.
- Other restrictions for visitors:
Please do not bring food and hot drinks onto the unit.
Brothers and sisters are the only children allowed to visit, but remain the sole responsibility of the parent. Apart from siblings, no person(s) under the age of 18 will be allowed entry into the unit.
From October to March, we apply a winter visting policy: no children under the age of 18, including siblings, are allowed entry to the unit due to an increased risk of childhood infections.
No school uniforms to be worn please.
Read more about protected mealtimes (see In the hospital) and privacy and dignity in our hospitals. Please observe the no smoking policy in all hospital buildings and on the hospital grounds (including car parks).
Restrictions for patients
- Good to know:
We are part of the South London Neonatal Network.