Our searchable ward directory contains information about our wards, including contact details, location information, visiting hours, names of key ward staff and what you can or cannot bring onto the ward.
To use the directory simply go to the relevant hospital to see a list of all wards. Then click on the name of the ward to see the detail page for this ward. Alternatively you can use the search to find what you are looking for.
A5 at St Helier Hospital
- Specialisation: Care of the older person (male)
- Location: St Helier Hospital
Telephone number: 020 8296 2390
Fifth floor, A block
Postal address to write to patients
St Helier Hospital
- Matron: Mohita Mungur
- Head of Nursing: Tracy Whelan
- Ward Manager: Patricia Mendonsa
- Other key staff: Care of the older person consultant: Dr Jeyarajah
- Ward rounds:
- Medicine rounds: 6am, 8am, 12noon, 6pm and 9.30pm
- Breakfast: 8am, with early morning tea at 7am
- Lunch: 12noon
- Dinner: 6pm
Beverages: 10am, 2.30pm, 5.30pm and 7pm
Facilities on the ward
- Number of inpatient beds: 23
- Number of bays: 2 4-bedded bays, main ward 13 beds
- Number of single bedded rooms: 2
- Single/mixed sex: This ward is for men only. Some patients may have their own bedroom.
- Hospedia system available:
Hospedia, our bedside TV, phone and internet service is available at on all beds.
- Other facilities: 1 shower room, 4 toilets, 1 day room
Visiting the ward and restrictions for visitors
- Visiting hours: 2.30pm - 8pm, Out of hours visiting should be arranged with ward staff.
- Max visitors per bed: 2
- Other restrictions for visitors:
Read more about protected mealtimes (see In the hospital) and privacy and dignity in our hospitals. Please observe the no smoking policy in all hospital buildings and on the hospital grounds (including car parks).
Restrictions for patients
- What you cannot bring or use at this ward:
Please do not bring your own electrical equipment onto the ward.
- Going home:
All patients will go to the discharge lounge from 9am to wait for own or hospital transport. Hospital transport will only be provided for patients who have a medical reason for it.
- Good to know:
Our discharge planning begins the day you are admitted to hospital. Kindly bring in the patient's own medications, clothes, pyjamas, toiletries, slippers etc.