Our searchable ward directory contains information about our wards, including contact details, location information, visiting hours, names of key ward staff and what you can or cannot bring onto the ward.
To use the directory simply go to the relevant hospital to see a list of all wards. Then click on the name of the ward to see the detail page for this ward. Alternatively you can use the search to find what you are looking for.
A6 at St Helier Hospital
- Specialisation: Care of the older person (female)
- Location: St Helier Hospital
Telephone number: 020 8296 4713, 020 8296 3532
Sixth floor, A block
Postal address to write to patients
St Helier Hospital
- Matron: George Donley
- Head of Nursing: Sally Sivas
- Ward Manager: Armie Contreras
- Ward rounds:
Ward rounds take place on Tuesdays and Fridays. However, the medical team are ward-based and review patients Mondays to Fridays.
- Medicine rounds: 6am, 8am, 12noon, 2pm, 6pm and 10pm
- Breakfast: 7.30am - 8.30am (early morning tea)
- Lunch: 12noon - 1pm
- Dinner: 5pm - 6pm
Drinks and snacks are available at other times.
Facilities on the ward
- Number of inpatient beds: 23
- Number of bays: 5 bays, consisting of 4 to 6 beds
- Number of single bedded rooms: 2 (without ensuite facilities)
- Single/mixed sex: This ward is for female patients only. Some patients will have their own bedroom and bathroom.
- Hospedia system available:
Hospedia, our bedside TV, phone and internet service is available at on all beds.
- Other facilities: 1 bathroom / toilet, 1 shower / toilet, 2 toilets, a day room and a quiet room
Visiting the ward and restrictions for visitors
- Visiting hours: 2.30pm - 5pm and 6pm - 8pm. Out of hours visiting can be discussed with the ward manager.
- Max visitors per bed: 2
- Mobile phone policy: Mobile phones are discouraged for the comfort and privacy of other patients.
- Other restrictions for visitors:
Children are allowed to visit if accompanied by an adult. We ask visitors not to sit on the beds as this is an infection risk. There are chairs available for visitors to use.
Read more about protected mealtimes (see In the hospital) and privacy and dignity in our hospitals. Please observe the no smoking policy in all hospital buildings and on the hospital grounds (including car parks).
Restrictions for patients
- What you cannot bring or use at this ward:
Generally, we cannot allow you to bring your own electrical equipment like TV sets.
- Good to know:
Following admission, please could named toiletries, spectacles, hearing aids and dentures be brought in for patients as appropriate to aid with their recovery.