Outpatient Video Consultation – Attend Anywhere at Epsom and St Helier
With the support of NHS England and NHS Improvement ESTH are delighted to offer outpatient appointments via video call (similar to Skype or Facetime) in partnership with Attend Anywhere. This allows you to see your clinician from the comfort of your own home.
The decision to offer this type of appointment to you will be made by a medical professional depending on your individual care needs.
We recognise that the traditional face-to-face appointment is not always convenient and that a video consultation from your home may suit you better rather than coming to the hospital.
For a video consultation, you would need:
- Broadband internet access – we suggest that you use WiFi rather than 4G to ensure that the signal is reliable
- The Google Chrome or Safari web browser – please note Attend Anywhere does not work on Internet Explorer
- A desktop computer, laptop, smartphones or tablet with a microphone and camera
- A quiet location away from noise and distractions so that you can clearly hear the doctor or nurse and hold your consultation in private.
An Attend Anywhere call is secure and your details will not be stored or shared with anyone.
We will schedule your appointment as normal and send you details of the appointment date and time via text and/or letter. If you are unable to join a video consultation, please contact our Outpatient Booking Centre on 020 8296 2968 when you receive your appointment details. It is important that you do this as far in advance of your appointment as possible.
Before your appointment, please test your equipment. You can do this here:
Attend anywhere virtual appointments 2
Find out more about how your consultation will work by watching the below video.
Please see further information on attending your video appointment and troubleshooting in the documents and helpful guides below:
Guidance for patients
- Patient guide to video consultations (Barts Health NHS Trust)
- Patient leaflet - attending your video appointment [pdf] 2MB
- Troubleshooting poster [pdf] 224KB
We have also compiled some useful guidance for clinicians below:
- Video consultations: quick guide for clinicians (Barts Health NHS Trust)
- Video conferencing during COVID-19 NHS information governance guidance
On the date and time of your appointment you will be able to enter your clinic below via the ‘start your video call’ button”. It is a good idea to enter the waiting room at least 10 minutes early in case of technical difficulties.
Please join the waiting room relevant for the specialty you are seeing. If you are unsure which service to choose from, please double check your appointment letter or call our Outpatient Booking Centre on 020 8296 2968.
If you want to join the Virtual Eye Casualty Unit reception, please click the button below: