From our regular Board meetings to our Annual Public Meeting, we host a number of events that our patients, visitors and members of the public can attend and get involved with.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) open day
Saturday 5 October 2019 from 10am to 2pm.
The Gastroenterology Department at St Helier Hospital would like to invite you to attend the second Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) open day. The event is for patients and health care professionals to increase awareness of IBD and the care provided by St Helier hospital.
We hope you will find this a fantastic opportunity to meet our team and to discuss how we can improve the service for our patients. Please see the attached flyer for more information, or contact Preeja Kugathasan, IBD Nurse Specialist on: 07831 120969 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Board meetings
Board meetings are held in public at either St Helier or Epsom Hospital. You are welcome to attend the meetings and listen to the discussions that take place.
Please be aware that all public board meetings will be filmed and that this footage, including the questions asked, will be made available on the Trust's website. Our filming will continue to be strategically arranged so the camera is fixed on members of the Trust Board and not on any members of the public.
Public Board meetings 2019-20
- 13 September - Conference Room 1, EGH
- 8 November - Whitehall Lecture Theatre, STH
- 10 January - Conference Room 1, EGH
- 13 March - Whitehall Lecture Theatre, STH?.
The agenda for these meetings will be published in the Board papers and agendas section of our website one week before each meeting. The papers that are to be discussed will be published in advance of the meeting. Previous minutes are also available.
Volunteer information events
We regularly hold events to help people find out more about volunteer, and to kick-start the journey to becoming a volunteer. If you would like to know more about being a volunteer at our hospitals, including what kind of roles we have available and how you might be able to get involved, please register to attend one of our information events. The 2019 and 2020 dates can be found below.
All events for St Helier Hospital take place in the Pink Room, main reception (ground floor B block).
All events for Epsom Hospital take place in Conference Room 1, Postgraduate Medical Centre (2nd floor F block).
Please note that we will be holding an additional information event specifically for student volunteers on Monday 29 April starting at 4pm (doors open from 3:45 and close at 4pm), to be held in Nonsuch Room 1 and 2, Education Centre, St Helier Hospital. This information event is for all students from 16 years and over who are thinking or are pursuing a career in Medicine and Health Services. Please contact our Volunteering Department on 01372 735079 or email email@example.com if you are interested in attending.
If you have any questions about volunteering or would like to find out more before attending an event, please contact our Volunteering Department on 01372 735079 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events to raise funds for Epsom Medical Equipment Fund
The following have been organised in aid of Epsom Medical Equipment Fund to raise money for medical equipment for Epsom Hospital.
Dates for upcoming boot sales are:
- Sunday 11 and 25 August
- Sunday 15 and 29 September
- Sunday 13 and 27 October.
If you would like to come along sellers are allowed in at 8am and buyers at 9am. The car boot sales finish at 12.30 noon so make sure you get there early.
Car charges are as follows: small cars can enter from £10, MPV, four wheel-drive, large cars and small vans only from £12, and larger vans from £15; trailers are £3 extra.
There is no need to book but buyers are encouraged to donate upon entry. There will be toilets, parking and refreshments on site.
Dogs are allowed but please keep them on the leash for safety, as traffic is constantly entering and leaving the site.
All money raised goes towards the purchase of medical equipment for Epsom hospital. So please feel free to come along and take a look around.
Christmas carol services
Christmas carol services are being held in support of the Epsom Medical Equipment Fund (EMEF). These will be taking place in the Ashley Centre and a number of schools will be attending. Please see full list of dates and performers below:
- Friday 29 November from 10am - 11am - Ewell Grove Primary School
- Friday 29 November from 11.30am - 12noon - St. Christopher's School
- Monday 2 December from 11am - 11.30am - Ewell Castle
- Tuesday 3 December from 10am -11am - West Ewell Primary School
- Tuesday 3 December from 11am - 12noon - Epsom Singers
- Tuesday 3 December from 2pm - 3pm - Wallace Fields Junior School
- Tuesday 3 December from 4.30pm - 5.30pm - Epsom College
- Wednesday 4 December from 10am - 11am - St. Clements Primary School
- Wednesday 4 December from 2pm - 3pm - Shawley Community School
- Thursday 5 December from 10:30am - 11:30am - St. Martin's C of E School
- Thursday 5 December from 5pm - 7pm - St. Joseph's Church Choir
- Friday 6 December from 10am - 11am - St. Joseph's Junior
- Friday 6 December from 11am - 12noon - Riverview Road C of E Primary School
- Monday 9 December from 10am - 12noon - Epsom Choral Society
- Tuesday 10 December 10am - 10.30am - Stamford Green Junior School
The EMEF Choir will also be holding a service in Sainsbury's Kiln Lane. This will be taking place on Saturday 7 December 10am - 11.30 am. Come down, shake the Halloween scares and support the EMEF.
League of Friends Annual General Meetings (AGMs)
The next League of Friends annual general meeting will be held on:
- Wednesday 8 May at 3.00pm in the Whitehall Theatre, St Helier.