Epsom Medical Equipment Fund
Founded in June 1979 as a charity, Epsom Medical Equipment Fund was established to relieve sickness and to protect and preserve the health of the general public by providing or assisting in the provision of facilities and equipment at Epsom Hospital which would not otherwise be provided by local health resources.
Their aim is to raise money to purchase medical equipment which will help diagnose, investigate and treat patients and hopefully bring about a cure. They stand to help those members of the local community who may have a need to use the equipment purchased by the Fund.
Key milestones include the purchase of the first CT scanner for Epsom Hospital. Since then, Epsom Medical Equipment Fund has purchased equipment which has enabled new services to be set up to help the community Epsom Hospital serves. So far, they have raised over £4m for the purchase of equipment.
Other achievements include the purchase of a £71,000 x-ray machine to replace the one that had broken down, the purchase of a Fibro Scan for investigating liver disease and two wrist traction devices which will help prevent the need for surgery to be carried out on broken wrists.
There are many ways people can support the work of the fund:
- By organising an event
- By attending one of the Fund's events
- Through sponsorship
- By supporting the car boot sales organised by the Fund
- By making donations
Full details are given on the Epsom Medical Equipment Fund website, including a list of upcoming events and how to donate money.
Volunteer with the Fund
The Fund is seeking a a reliable, enthusiastic person to commit to volunteering on a Thursday afternoon. To express interest or for more information, please contact Bess Harding. For more information about the process to become a volunteer at Epsom Hospital, please visit www.epsom-sthelier.nhs.uk/volunteer.
Bess Harding MBE
Epsom Medical Equipment Fund
32 Tealing Drive
Tel: 020 8337 8181
Events to raise funds for Epsom Medical Equipment Fund
The following have been organised in aid of Epsom Medical Equipment Fund to raise money for medical equipment for Epsom Hospital.
Dates for upcoming boot sales are:
- Sunday 11 and 25 August
- Sunday 15 and 29 September
- Sunday 13 and 27 October.
If you would like to come along sellers are allowed in at 8am and buyers at 9am. The car boot sales finish at 12.30 noon so make sure you get there early.
Car charges are as follows: small cars can enter from £10, MPV, four wheel-drive, large cars and small vans only from £12, and larger vans from £15; trailers are £3 extra.
There is no need to book but buyers are encouraged to donate upon entry. There will be toilets, parking and refreshments on site.
Dogs are allowed but please keep them on the leash for safety, as traffic is constantly entering and leaving the site.
All money raised goes towards the purchase of medical equipment for Epsom hospital. So please feel free to come along and take a look around.
Christmas carol services
Christmas carol services are being held in support of the Epsom Medical Equipment Fund (EMEF). These will be taking place in the Ashley Centre and a number of schools will be attending. Please see full list of dates and performers below:
- Friday 29 November from 10am - 11am - Ewell Grove Primary School
- Friday 29 November from 11.30am - 12noon - St. Christopher's School
- Monday 2 December from 11am - 11.30am - Ewell Castle
- Tuesday 3 December from 10am -11am - West Ewell Primary School
- Tuesday 3 December from 11am - 12noon - Epsom Singers
- Tuesday 3 December from 2pm - 3pm - Wallace Fields Junior School
- Tuesday 3 December from 4.30pm - 5.30pm - Epsom College
- Wednesday 4 December from 10am - 11am - St. Clements Primary School
- Wednesday 4 December from 2pm - 3pm - Shawley Community School
- Thursday 5 December from 10:30am - 11:30am - St. Martin's C of E School
- Thursday 5 December from 5pm - 7pm - St. Joseph's Church Choir
- Friday 6 December from 10am - 11am - St. Joseph's Junior
- Friday 6 December from 11am - 12noon - Riverview Road C of E Primary School
- Monday 9 December from 10am - 12noon - Epsom Choral Society
- Tuesday 10 December 10am - 10.30am - Stamford Green Junior School
The EMEF Choir will also be holding a service in Sainsbury's Kiln Lane. This will be taking place on Saturday 7 December 10am - 11.30 am. Come down, shake the Halloween scares and support the EMEF.