Undergraduate education is provided at all of our hospitals, providing vital clinical education and training to future healthcare professionals.
We are very proud of our strong relationships with St George's, University of London (SGUL, formerly St George's Hospital Medical School), Imperial College of London, the affiliated international medical schools and the high quality of teaching we offer their medical students.
The office of the clinical sub-dean represents the interests of St George's, University of London. The undergraduate education department provides the structure for St George's undergraduate medical students to be taught in our hospitals.
Facts and figures about the department:
- We accommodate 150 whole-time equivalent SGUL students per year with ever increasing number
- We provide the largest number of hospital student placements after St George's Healthcare Trust
- More than £5million SIFT/facilities funding is being allocated to our Trust each year
- We have nine clinical teaching fellows who undertake 50% undergraduate teaching and 50% career development, which includes a postgraduate teaching certificate
- The role of our clinical fellows is to enhance the students' teaching by providing tutorials and bedside teaching, to organise their timetables, and to act as a first point of contact for students
- We have a state-of-the-art clinical communications suite with own dedicated communications skills lecturer
- Our enthusiastic consultants are strongly committed to medical education.
We have busy undergraduate education centres at Epsom and St Helier hospitals, providing dedicated education facilities and resources.
- Free parking for all students
- Student common rooms
- Extensive library and computer facilities
- Student co-ordinators
- Numerous seminar and teaching rooms with speciality areas.
Dr Richard Bogle, Director of Medical Education, Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
Dr Shakil Rahman, Clinical Sub-dean, Consultant Respiratory Medicine
Anu Pillay, Undergraduate Education Manager, St Helier
Tel: 020 8296 2093
Claire Potter, Undergraduate Coordinator, Epsom
Tel: 01372 735203