Interested in becoming a future doctor?
Working in connection with Health Education England, we have a dedicated work experience programme which provides secondary school students the opportunity to gain career insight into a variety of specialties, but is primarily aimed at students whose career goal is to become an NHS doctor.
Our observational clinical work experience placements are a valuable and required element for all students wishing to apply to medical school.
All of our placements are observational (no hands-on tasks) and are supervised by a nominated consultant and their team, with additional guidance and support from the Epsom Undergraduate Education Centre.
The weekly placements run from Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). No weekend exposure is permitted.
Please be aware that students must be at least 16 years of age to take part and that further age restrictions are imposed on certain departments.
Work experience applications
We are currently accepting requests for work experience in 2020. Please download, complete and return our application form and include a current CV.
This form may also be used to express interest in non-medical work experience and will be passed on to the relevant team for consideration.
Due to high demand for places, we have now reached full capacity between :
- Monday 6 April 2020 - Friday 17 April 2020
- Tuesday 26 May 2020 - Friday 29 May 2020
- Monday 6 July 2020 - Monday 28 August 2020.
Kindly include as many date options as possible to maximise your chances of gaining a place.
For those who have already applied, please bear with us while we process the many requests received.
Additional information for students
- Step into the NHS (opens in a new window)Student friendly advice and guidance on the 350 different roles within the NHS with interactive quizzes, real-life stories and videos aimed at students taking their first steps in a career in the NHS
- NHS health careers (opens in a new window)
- Informative guidance about planning a career in the NHS