Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to restrict work experience activity within the trust. Sadly, we are unable to accept any new applications at this time for face-to-face work experience.
We have been working closely with different trusts across surrey to arrange a Virtual work experience opportunity to help students gain experience. The virtual work experience programmes will take place in February and will be spread over two weeks. Students in years 10, 11, 12 or 13 who live in Surrey and have predicted or actual GCSE grade 6 in Maths, English and Science are welcome to apply for the Allied Health Professions or Nursing virtual work experience programme. Students in Year 11 or 12 who live in Surrey and have predicted or actual GCSE grade 6 in Maths, English and Science are welcome to apply for the Medicine Work Experience Programme. The links have been listed below:
- Medicine Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/medicine-work-experience-surrey/
- Nursing Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/nursing-virtual-work-experience-surrey/
- Allied Health Professions Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/ahp-virtual-work-experience-surrey/
The dates for the programmes are:
- Medicine virtual work experience programme - 8th February to the 19th of February
- Nursing and Allied Health Professions virtual work experience programme - 15th February to the 26th of February. '
The programme is open to applicants across Surrey and we are planning a similar experience for our wider catchment area - for which an update will be added to this webpage when available.
Interested in becoming a future doctor?
Working in connection with Health Education England, we have a dedicated work experience programme which provides secondary school students the opportunity to gain career insight into a variety of specialties, but is primarily aimed at students whose career goal is to become an NHS doctor.
Our observational clinical work experience placements are a valuable and required element for all students wishing to apply to medical school.
All of our placements are observational (no hands-on tasks) and are supervised by a nominated consultant and their team, with additional guidance and support from the Epsom Undergraduate Education Centre.
The weekly placements run from Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). No weekend exposure is permitted.
Please be aware that students must be at least 16 years of age to take part and that further age restrictions are imposed on certain departments.
Current programme status
Due to the current pandemic, we have had to restrict work experience activity within the trust. Sadly we are unable to accept any new applications at this time.
We are working on new ways to help students gain experience and will update this page as information becomes available.
Additional information for students
- Step into the NHS (opens in a new window)Student friendly advice and guidance on the 350 different roles within the NHS with interactive quizzes, real-life stories and videos aimed at students taking their first steps in a career in the NHS
- NHS health careers (opens in a new window)
- Informative guidance about planning a career in the NHS