COVID-19 Evidence Resources
Trusted sources: COVID-19
Evidence searches and KnowledgeShare
- If you are a member of staff and have a specific query in relation to COVID-19 and patient care, please contact the library firstname.lastname@example.org and we can carry out a search using healthcare databases. We can also set up regular COVID-19 updates via KnowledgeShare. KnowledgeShare use trusted and evidence based resources similar to those mentioned on the Current awareness page.
- Evidence Aid are a not-for-profit organisation specialising in collating and summarising the best-available evidence effectively preparing for and responding to disasters and emergencies. They have published more than 60 summaries about COVID-19, which are available here.
Medical Textboooks in an app
Indextra: Medical library - all clinical textbooks in one app: The Library has secured free access to the Indextra App. The collection of over 900 key medical titles including the "Oxford Handbook of Critical Care" will support clinicians with caring for patients with the coronavirus. To get access to the Indextra app contact the library team at esth.hirsonlibrary@net. Find out more about the IndextraApp by viewing the following video.
Clinicalskills.net working under the direction of Health Education England (HEE) have made available about 150 of the 370 illustrated nursing clinical procedures until the end of June 2020. This is a "Special Pandemic Release". Access the resource via the Portal Manager. The shortcut is entitled "Clinical Skills". Access to the resource is only available within the Trust. More information about accessing this resource can be found in the following guide Clincal Skills Guest user guide.pdf 1MB. Some of the procedures may differ to the ones used at Epsom and St Helier. Contact Dr. Allan Seraj RN Head of Education & Workforce Development at email@example.com with any queries about the procedures. If you have any problems accessing the resource via the Portal Manager please contact the Library Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advice and guidance for medical staff
- Coronavirus advice for clinicians, NHS England and NHS Improvement resource updated regularly
- COVID-19 Learning Resources: a new section on the Epsom and St Helier eLearning system containing COVID-19 Health Education England modules and also recorded Epsom and St Helier training sessions. You will need your eLearning username and password to access the resources. If you have any problems accessing the system please contact us.
- NICE rapid guidelines and evidence reviews on COVID-19
- Supporting relatives by phone-Covid 19, produced Dr Antonia Field-Smith @DrAntoniaFS and colleagues.
Advice for patients
- NHS Advice – NHS 111 online
- NHS Overview – information about symptoms and how to reduce your chance of getting it
Current situation in UK and worldwide
- Number of cases and risk in the UK, UK Government
- Find out the number of cases and risk level in the UK
- What to do if you’re a returning traveller
- What the government is doing about the virus.
- COVID-19: track coronavirus cases, UK Government
- COVID-19 and the NHS, Nuffield Trust
- Collective expertise on how the NHS may cope
- Coronavirus situation report, WHO daily updates on world situation
Information about the disease
- Finding the evidence Public Health England
- You may need your ESTH OpenAthens account to access some of the articles
- Full fact , UKs independent full fact checking charity
- Fact checks the latest myths reported in newspapers or trending on social media
- Disease briefing: Coronaviruses, Cortellis, March 2020
- Detailed history of the Coronaviruses