Our Neurophysiology team is based at St Helier Hospital (G Block) and help to diagnose and monitor neurological disorders, including epileps, and nerve and muscle dysfunction. The team use an extensive range of investigations including:
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nerve conduction studies (NCS)
- Visual evoked potentials (VEP).
The department offers a diagnostic service to patients referred by consultants, both within and outside our hospitals, and from local GPs.
Clinical neurophysiology for children
We have a dedicated paediatric unit at Queen Mary's Hospital for Children. In addition to the services listed above, we can also provide melatonin-induced sleep EEGs on request.
- Dr Paul Hart, clinical lead and consultant neurologist
- Dr Jayashree Basu, consultant neurophysiologist
- Dr Cecilia Blomberg, consultant neurophysiologist
- Karen Widley Senior Chief Clinical Physiologist (Service manager)
Monday – Friday, 8am - 4pm
Tel: 020 8296 3062/3424
Fax: 020 8296 3082/3423