The Endocrinology Department provides a comprehensive specialist service for patients with conditions caused by hormonal problems, with inpatient reviews and outpatient consultations, both at St Helier and Epsom hospitals.
Inpatient reviews provide specialist input to all the endocrine urgent conditions or patients who are diagnosed with the new endocrine problems.
The specialist outpatient clinics are split into Endocrine clinics and Thyroid clinics at both sites, where we provide care to a wide range of endocrine and metabolic disorders, including:
- Gonads including Polycystic ovary syndrome, Hirsutism, Virilisation, Hypogonadism
- Endocrine Hypertension
- Pancreatic Hypoglycaemia
- Genetic Endocrine Conditions.
We carry out a full range of dynamic and other complex investigations on a day-case or outpatient basis at a dedicated Medical Investigation Unit MIU at St Helier Hospital, which is supported by our Chemical Pathology and Immunology services. There is a monthly departmental meeting to discuss the complex investigation results with the chemical pathologists.
We also have access to the modern imaging techniques including ultrasound, CT, MRI and nuclear medicine imaging. All the complex cases are discussed in our weekly Multidisciplinary meetings with the specialist Radiologists and the Endocrine Surgeon.
We also work closely with the department of neurosurgery at St George's Hospital and Nuclear Medicine Department at the Royal Marsden Hospital.
- Dr Imran Malik – Clinical Lead, Consultant Diabetes and Endocrinologist, Epsom & St Helier Hospital
- Dr Steve Hyer – Consultant Diabetes and Endocrinologist, St Helier Hospital
- Dr Mamta Joshi – Consultant Physician and Endocrinologist, St Helier Hospital
- Dr Nikhil Johri – Consultant Chemical Pathologist, St Helier Hospital
- Dr Giuseppe Maltese – Consultant Diabetes and Endocrinologist, St Helier Hospital
- Dr Ratnasingham Nithiyananthan – Consultant Diabetes and Endocrinologist, Epsom Hospital
- Dr Colin Sinclaire – Consultant Acute Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinologist
- Dr Mark Sutton-Smith – Consultant Acute Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinologist.
Mrs Bianca Teagle
St Helier Hospital
Tel: 020 8296 2563 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01372 735 444
Out of hours
Call 020 8296 2000 and ask for the duty medical registrar
Referrals Referrals can be made through eRS - see referring to our services for more information.
For urgent advice
Call 020 8296 2000 and ask for the specialist registrar in Endocrinology (Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm)