The Orthotics Service supply and fit externally applied devices used to modify the structural and functional characteristics of the neuro-muscular and skeletal system. Referrals can be made by your consultant for the following:
- Ankle orthoses
- Ankle foot orthoses (AFOs)
- Knee ankle foot orthoses (KAFOs)
- Adult bespoke, modular and stock footwear
- External shoe raises and biomechanically indicated footwear adaptions
- Paediatric footwear
- KAFO, AFO, calliper adjustments/repairs
- Acrylic wigs
- Shoe repairs to orthopaedic footwear provided by the Trust
- Maternity belts (these can also be purchased from most pharmacies)
- Replacement of any item that has been supplied except hosiery, which can be requested through your GP.
We do not currently accept referrals for the following orthotics, which are available to buy directly from most pharmacies:
- Toe spacers
- Toe sleeves
- Heel cushions
- Heel lifts
- Elasticated maternity belts
- Simple wrist braces
- Simple soft collars
- Silicone heel cups
- Elbow braces (elastic)
- Epicondylitis clasps (available from companies such as opcare.co.uk and ossur.co.uk).
Tel: 020 8296 2319
Tel: 01372 735480
Fax: 01372 735168
Heel cushions and toe separators
You can purchase these from most pharmacists.
The following suppliers provide footwear for people who require wide/deep fitting shoes (links opens in a new window).
Tel: 0800 083 8490
Tel: 01458 447275
Tel: 01933 311077
Tel: 01235 519777