For people suffering from long-term persistent or chronic pain, we offer clinics and a range of treatments. We also have a Centre of Pain Education (COPE) providing non-pharmacological programmes to help patients cope better with their pain.
Our consultants run four to five outpatient clinics a week at St Helier Hospital and one clinic on alternate weeks at Epsom Hospital.
At the clinics, we see both new and follow-up patients, start drug treatments, list patients for pain relief injections or refer to the pain management programme as appropriate.
A number of treatments are available, including:
- Analgesic drug management
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)
- Neural blockade (nerve blocks)
- Specialist psychological support.
Dr Sara Bustamante, Consultant
Dr Salam Said, Consultant
Dr Martin Gardner, Consultant
Dr Claudia Lazarus, Associate specialist
Dr Heather Hawksley, Lead Nurse Chronic Pain
Hilary Young MBAcC, Acupuncturist
Please help us to get you through to the right person who can help you:
- If you need to speak to a nurse about your medicine or you are having problems since you had your pain treatment (such as an injection or an epidural), please contact Lead Nurse on 07867 343004 and leave a short message, including your name and contact number
- If you need to speak to someone about an appointment in clinic, please contact the pain clinic administration team on 0208 296 2864
- If you are a patient who has attended COPE or you have a query about the COPE programme, please call the COPE team direct on 0208 296 3900.