A new exercise programme for pregnant women and new mums
Antenatal and postnatal Pilates classes can help you cope better with the aches and pains of pregnancy, improve your posture and get you back into shape after the birth of your baby.
Pilates instructor Caroline Reid, who will be running our classes said: “As a mother of three young children I have experienced first-hand the benefits of practicing Pilates. I believe that there’s no better way to strengthen your body to cope with the additional weight of pregnancy and prepare your body for labour. It’s also a safe way to heal the abdominal muscles post birth, tone up, and repair the pelvic floor.”
Please enquire with Caroline (contact details at the bottom of the page) for availablility and course dates.
Pilates Instructor Caroline with her three children
- Classes last for 55 mins and are booked in blocks of six weeks
- Antenatal classes will be based at either Epsom Hospital (mats are provided, parking available on site) or other local venues (please bring your own mat) on Tuesdays from 5.30pm
- Antenatal classes cost £82 for a block booking of six weeks
- Mothers-to-be in the second trimester are asked to bring along a pillow.
Postnatal classes (with pre-crawling babies)
- Classes last for 50 minutes
- Postnatal classes will run at Ruxley Lane Church, Ewell (free parking) on Thursdays at 10.30am or other local venues
- Postnatal classes cost £82 for a block booking of six weeks
- Please bring a mat with you, other equipment is provided.
All participants must complete an enrolment form prior to attending the classes. Postnatal women must also have had their six week GP check with approval to exercise. This extends to 8-10 weeks if you had a caesarean section.
Classes have a maximum of 12 places and should be booked directly with Caroline Reid, the Pilates instructor. For more information, please call Caroline on 07551 293962, find her on Facebook by searching 'Simply Pilates with Caroline' or email email@example.com.