Paediatric cystic fibrosis service
We offer a multidisciplinary clinic for children with cystic fibrosis (CF) at both Queen Mary's Hospital for Children (based at St Helier Hospital) and Epsom Hospital.
We run a shared care network clinic associated with the Royal Brompton Hospital, and meet the Cystic Fibrosis Trust standards for CF shared care.
Shared care clinics are run on each site with our Royal Brompton Hospital colleagues, with whom we work closely and holistically. We also have access to support for the CF service from other specialties at our trust, including diabetes, surgery and gastroenterology.
Admissions to cubicles on the wards occur on both sites with nurses and staff trained in cystic fibrosis.
Meet the team
- Dr Ruth Charlton, Paediatric Consultant (Epsom)
- Dr Ritu Handa, Paediatric Consultant (Queen Mary’s Hospital for Children)
- Malar Sutharshan, Paediatric CF Nurse specialist
- Rebecca Cordle, Physiotherapist (Queen Mary’s Hospital for Children)
- Louise Warrender, Physiotherapist (Epsom)
- Sandra Wooler, Paediatric CF Dietitian
- Queen Mary’s: 020 8296 3021
- Epsom: 01372 735 365
Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Nurse Specialist (Queen Mary’s and Epsom Hospital)
Tel: 020 8296 3076
Mobile: 07975 232064
Out-of-hours emergency advice
Contact the paediatric registrar on-call via switchboard:
- Queen Mary’s: 020 8296 2000, bleep 197
- Epsom Hospital: 01372 735735, bleep 762